I. Introduction to Equipment
HXAK-98 Mechanical Screen for Coke Drum is applicable for the measurement of the mechanical strength of metallurgical coke and foundry coke. The equipment could replace the manual screen, reduce the intensity of labor, eliminate the necessity of hole-drilling operation, and improve the accuracy and comparability of the measurement. The equipment has the features like integrated structure, simple operation, use-friendly and reliable operation. With the application of the electrical control of time relay, the equipment could accurately achieve timing screening for the specimen in the screen, which could eliminate the personal errors of manual screen.
II. Main Technical Indicators of Equipment
Repeat □ times/minute (swing □ times/minute)
Time for One Screening
The screen is constituted by upper screen piece with the sieve size of φ40mm (or φ25mm) and the lower sieve piece with sieve size of φ10mm. The frame of the screen is made of wood and the technical requirements of such sieve piece are in consistent with the regulations in GB2006. The side wooden frames of each layer of sieve piece could be made into openable screen doors. Such doors shall be closed in time during the screening process.
1540×1150×1200 mm (Length×Width × Height)
III. Operation Procedure of the Equipment
1. Fill the coke specimen discharged out from the drum into four specimen cartons with same volume. Weigh the specimen and the total weight in one carton shall be 50kg and the loss weight per carton shall be no more than 0.3kg.
2 After the mechanical screen has been adjusted to the zero position, pour the coke specimen in one carton on the screening surface evenly. (The amount of coke poured per time shall be no more than 15kg)
3. Start the power switch and the mechanical screen would start working. The mechanical screen would stop automatically after running to the required screening time (shall be less than 40s).
4. In case the screen door is not located at the lowest position after the shut-down of the machine, it is necessary to turn off the power supply and use the handle to start the coupling wheel. Adjust the position of screen doors to ensure such door would thoroughly discharge the coke on the screen surface.
5. The upper and lower screen doors could be opened to discharge the two levels of coke into the two containers without any the necessity of conducting any hole-drilling by hand after the shut-down of the machine.
6. Continue screening the classifying the other two cartons of coke specimen and calculate out the mechanical strength indicators of coke according to the above mentioned procedure. （M40, M25 or M10）
IV. Calculation for the Testing Results
The crushing strength (Ma)% shall be calculated with formula (1):
Abrasion resistance strength (M10) % shall be calculated with the formula (2):
Where: a——The diameter of the sieve hole of the screen is 40 (or 25) mm
m——Weight of the coke in the drum, kg
m1——The weight of the coke with the diameter larger than a(40 or 25)mm after being discharged from the drum, kg
m2——The weight of the coke with the diameter less than 10mm, kg
V. Repair and Maintenance of the Equipment
1. The mechanical screen shall be fixed on the ground horizontally or spot welded on the steel plate on the ground.
2. It is necessary to check the reliability of the power cord during the installation and the machine shall be well grounded.
3. Please shut down the power source after the using.
4. The time relay shall be calibrated once per month. The time relay shall be adjusted and replaced in case of any problems.
5. The swinging frequency shall be calibrated once per month and adjustment shall be performed in case of any problems.